Carrollwood Injury Lawyer
Personal injury claims are filed every year in Carrollwood for a variety of reasons. If you are injured on someone else’s property, during a car accident, or by a defective product, you may have a valid injury claim. An injury claim can provide you with the compensation you need after an accident, but the process is complex, and proving negligence is very difficult. If you or someone you love has suffered an injury, our Carrollwood injury lawyers can help you claim the full damages you deserve.
Negligence in Injury Claims
The vast majority of injury claims in Carrollwood rely on the concept of negligence. Negligence is the failure to take proper care and act reasonably so that no one becomes injured. When a person acts negligently, their careless and reckless behavior can lead to an accident that results in injury. When that is the case, accident victims can hold the negligent party liable for paying damages. Damages in injury claims can include the accident victim’s medical bills, lost income, and any other losses sustained during the accident.
Types of Injury Claims
Accidents that result in an injury claim happen in a number of different ways. The most common types of injury claims in Carrollwood are as follows:
- Car accidents: Perhaps the most common type of injury claim in the city, car accidents can cause severe injuries. After a crash, you must first go through your own insurance company to claim compensation for your medical expenses. If the cost of your injuries exceed the policy limits or you meet the state’s serious injury threshold, you can then file a claim against the at-fault driver for the remaining medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists have only a helmet for protection while they are on the roads, and sometimes not even that. Motorists also do not always respect cyclists and do not think they have the same rights on the road, even though they do. Road rage, distracted driving, and more can cause a serious bicycle accident.
- Medical malpractice: Negligent healthcare professionals cause some of the most serious injuries, exacerbating an existing condition or creating a new injury that causes the patient to suffer harm.
- Premises liability: Property owners that do not keep their premises in a safe condition for visitors can be held liable for any injuries caused by hazardous conditions.
- Wrongful death: Negligent actions result in accidents that do not only cause injury, but sometimes wrongful death. In these cases, the personal representative of the deceased can file a wrongful death claim so loved ones can receive damages.
The above are just a few types of the most common injury claims our lawyers handle. If you have been hurt, it is important to speak to an attorney that can help with your case.
Call Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Carrollwood Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident due to the negligent actions of another person, our Carrollwood personal injury lawyers at Rinaldo Law Group can help you claim the full compensation you deserve. Call us today at 813-831-9999 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation.