Lutz Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Lack of visibility is the root cause of many motorcycle accidents in Florida. Most drivers have trained themselves to watch for other four-wheel vehicles. They often overlook small motorcycles, especially if there are other large vehicles, like SUVs and pickups, on the road as well. Failure to look is never an excuse for negligence. If anything, the lack of motorcycle rider visibility means drivers must keep an even sharper eye out for these other motorists.
The compassionate Lutz motorcycle accident lawyers at the Rinaldo Law Group understand the intense pain and suffering these victims must endure. Many of our professional team members are also motorcycle accident survivors. So, we work hard to obtain maximum compensation for your serious injuries. This hard work includes open communication. We always proactively inform clients about important developments in their cases, so they are never in the dark.
Motorcycle Wreck Injuries
Statistically, a motorcycle rider is twenty-nine times more likely to die in a vehicle collision than a four-wheel vehicle occupant. Some of the serious injuries these riders sustain include:
- Head Injuries: Crash helmets do nothing to prevent motion-related head injuries. The brain is basically a water tank which suspends the brain in cerebrospinal fluid. When victims fall off their bikes and land hard, their brains slam against the insides of their skulls.
- Internal Injuries: That motion and impact also causes internal organs to bump and grind against each other. Since these organs have no protective skin layer, they normally bleed profusely. This internal bleeding is difficult to detect and even more difficult to stop.
- Road Burns: Normally, these injuries are not serious or even life-threatening. However, they are perhaps the most painful motorcycle crash injuries. And, rest is the only cure. So, victims must simply suffer in one place until these injuries dissipate. Even after road burns heal, some permanent loss of mobility is common.
The medical bills in a case like this could exceed $50,000. To eliminate this financial pressure, our Lutz motorcycle accident lawyers work with top doctors who defer collection until the case is resolved. So, victims pay nothing upfront for this medical care.
Driver error causes over 90 percent of the motorcycle wrecks in Florida. If this error was negligence, which is a legal term, compensation is available.
There are basically two kinds of neglect in Florida law. Ordinary negligence is a lack of reasonable care, at least in most cases. Negligence per se is a violation of a safety statute.
Individuals are legally responsible for damages. Frequently, a third party is financially responsible for them.
Respondeat superior employer liability is perhaps the most common vicarious liability theory. It usually applies in Uber driver, taxi driver, and other commercial operator cases. Employers are financially responsible for damages if:
- Employee: Many commercial drivers, like Uber drivers, are independent contractors for most purposes. But they are employees for negligence purposes. That’s because the employer controls these drivers, in terms of things like passengers picked up.
- Scope of Employment: Any act which benefits the employer in any way is within the scope of employment. For example, workers’ compensation benefits are usually available to workers who are injured in company softball games. The employer benefits from these games because workers are happier and healthier.
The damages in a motorcycle wreck claim usually include compensation for economic losses, such as medical bills, and noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering. Additional punitive damages might be available as well, in some extreme situations.
Reach Out to a Compassionate Hillsborough County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you were seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence, the insurance company’s lawyers are determined to reduce or deny compensation. So, you need an experienced Lutz motorcycle accident attorney from the Rinaldo Law Group on your side. Call us today for a free consultation.