Wesley Chapel Truck Accident Lawyer
At first glance, the statistics on Florida truck accidents may not be too concerning. Data compiled by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reveals that there are under 600 crashes every year involving commercial vehicles in Pasco County, leading to 6 fatalities and 210 injured victims. However, the bigger picture on crashes involving large trucks, 18-wheelers, semis, and other commercial vehicles is somewhat disturbing. Florida ranks among the top three states for fatal truck accidents in the U.S.
Your life could be turned around after a truck collision, which is why it is important to pursue all available options for recovering compensation from the at-fault parties. Our team at The Rinaldo Law Group can assist with the legal tasks, as we are skilled at dealing with insurance companies and equally adept in the courtroom. Please contact our firm to schedule a no-cost consultation with a Wesley Chapel truck accident lawyer who can explain your remedies. Some background information may also be useful.
Truck Collision Causes and Complications
Most motor vehicle crashes occur because of driver negligence, and truck accidents are no different. Operators increase the potential for deadly accidents when they engage in violations of the same traffic laws that apply to all motorists, such as speeding, drunk driving, failure to yield right of way, and many others. In addition, some truck drivers will put everyone on the road at risk through texting, talking on the phone, related unlawful cell phone use, and other forms of distracted driving.
However, there are some causes of truck accidents that are unique, such as:
- Failure to comply with Hours of Service (HOS) requirements;
- Improper loading and securing cargo;
- Negligent hiring and training truck operators;
- Failing to conduct inspections and maintenance; and
- Negligence in making repairs.
Seeking Compensation for Your Losses
The Rinaldo Law Group is committed to recovering all available monetary damages after a truck collision, including amounts for medical costs, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Still, you should note some factors at play which can complicate truck collision cases.
- Commercial vehicles are massive compared to passenger vehicles, so the injuries are more likely to be catastrophic. As a result, your claim for damages will be higher.
- Truck insurance policies cover losses ranging into the millions, so insurers fight harder to protect their own financial interests.
- Truck accidents encompass many parties beyond the driver and insurer, possibly including an employer, mechanic, manufacturer of parts, and more.
Our Wesley Chapel truck accidents attorneys are prepared to overcome these challenges, whether we are dealing with an insurance company or representing you in court.
Speak to a Wesley Chapel Truck Accidents Lawyer About Your Rights
This summary is helpful, but it also demonstrates the importance of retaining experienced legal counsel for assistance after a truck collision. At The Rinaldo Law Group, our team will fight to ensure you receive the highest compensation allowed by law. Please contact us today to set up a free consultation with one of our attorneys.